#Health

The World Health Organization defines health as “a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”.

Main health issues affecting young people today are linked either to behavior or an unprotected environment. They include, among others, injuries from accidents, health problems due to tobacco and substance abuse, lacking physical exercise, HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases, Malaria and Ebola. Additionally, mental health is increasingly gaining recognition as a major problem affecting youth globally - suicide and depression are alarmingly common among youth in both urban and rural environments.

Young people often encounter barriers in accessing health services. Many health facilities don’t offer confidential and youth-friendly services where young people feel comfortable seeking care. Additionally, many young people don’t have the financial means to seek care on their own, and restrictive laws and policies in many countries require a parent’s written permission to access services.

Too many young people aren't aware of specific health risks or how and where they can access appropriate health services and information. This situation calls for intensified efforts to increase awareness among youth!

Researching issues connected to health, you might want to check out these resources:

World Health Organization - Adolescent Health

United Nations Population Fund - Young People

Joint UN Programme on HIV/AIDS - Goals on HIV/AIDS

TeensHealth - Teens

For Lips to Have modest Curve

Soul of mine does wail sometimesPondering the exuberant childhood Being deprived to a lot cradlesI want to interrogate Not just the factionBut all denizens of the world Who perpetuate the preying on ladsToday the world’s affable to meBut ain’t to those in distressAs per desire I fill my bellyBut now...

Please.

Please. It’s a simple statement, just a regular word, in such a confusing world. I ask you to please read and understand if you will. Please know that in this world full of dark things, that just around the corner is a brightness capable of filling 8 half’s of planets and countless half’s of moons....

There is no planet B , Conserve or Perish : the choice is Ours

As many of us know, there are eight planets in our Solar system, which are classified into Terrestrial planets or Rocky planets (Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars) and Jovian planets or Outer planets (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune). Out of all these terrestrial and Jovian planets, Earth has been...

Seeking for a Change in Life

This is an article written by a 22 year old woman residing in Bangalore, India. She is writing this...

2017 WORLD ANTIBIOTIC AWARENESS WEEK CELEBRATION

The Better Life for All Foundation (BLAF), a youth-led NGO, supported the World Health Organisation...

We all are a storm of ourselves

Tornados of doubt, we are. Swirl winds of regret, we are and swing. Thunder strikes of excitement....

Don’t worry, its called growing up.

Ever since I was little, I'd always dreamed of growing up, being big and strong, just like our elder...

MEMORY AND MOMENT

He was a nice guy, that's according to me.Everyone that knew him would say the same."But, who was he...

Don't mind overreacting

I want to be completely sincere and direct with this. I was thinking about saying this in my native...

Poison

What is your poison?Is it the thing you seek for the most?The thing you like the least?Perchance, your own self?For some people, it is what they love.They move mountains, cross oceans.They do infinitely many only to face their doom -Unknowing that they are slowly falling towards their demise.For oth...