#Health

The World Health Organization defines health as “a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”.

Main health issues affecting young people today are linked either to behavior or an unprotected environment. They include, among others, injuries from accidents, health problems due to tobacco and substance abuse, lacking physical exercise, HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases, Malaria and Ebola. Additionally, mental health is increasingly gaining recognition as a major problem affecting youth globally - suicide and depression are alarmingly common among youth in both urban and rural environments.

Young people often encounter barriers in accessing health services. Many health facilities don’t offer confidential and youth-friendly services where young people feel comfortable seeking care. Additionally, many young people don’t have the financial means to seek care on their own, and restrictive laws and policies in many countries require a parent’s written permission to access services.

Too many young people aren't aware of specific health risks or how and where they can access appropriate health services and information. This situation calls for intensified efforts to increase awareness among youth!

Researching issues connected to health, you might want to check out these resources:

World Health Organization - Adolescent Health

United Nations Population Fund - Young People

Joint UN Programme on HIV/AIDS - Goals on HIV/AIDS

TeensHealth - Teens

United for the world

War. Terror. Crisis. Fear. Not really the description you’d expect of our world today, but sadly it’s true, these words depict the situation in the world perfectly: states in conflict with each other, attacks on humanity, hunger and health crisis, refugees on the run – a world dominated by fear, ins...

Let’s talk about Mental Health and be the cool kids now

I never really understood why I was feeling like that; innocent me thought my legs were shaking all...

All about family

They teach you that family is the most important thing in the world, and I believe they are right. If you're blessed enough to have a loving, happy, and peaceful household, you should cherish it so much and be grateful every day for it.But what happens to the people who aren't that blessed? Some peo...

Your Feelings Are Not Invalid

Or feelings are valid, but many times we don't feel our feelings are valid, or that our thoughts are...

The LGBTQ Revolution

The LGBTQ community is one of the most discriminated and abused minority in the world. The quality...

When Life Is Not Virtual

Who are we outside of our Facebook profiles and Twitter accounts? How do our lives look when we are...

That Fight For Peace

In The History Of Hindu Mythology, Ravana, The Demon King Was Killed By Unity Which Symbolized That...

Dear Youth, Act Now, Not Tomorrow

Dear youth, act now, not tomorrow.The global population of youth, as of October 2016, stands at 1.8B...

Breaking the silence around menstruation in Ethiopia

Is there a lot of stigma surrounding periods in your community?Do most girls know about what’s happe...

E-Waste and How We Can Make A Change

An increasingly relevant issue in a society obsessed with sleek technologies is the fate of our elec...