#Health

The World Health Organization defines health as “a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”.

Main health issues affecting young people today are linked either to behavior or an unprotected environment. They include, among others, injuries from accidents, health problems due to tobacco and substance abuse, lacking physical exercise, HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases, Malaria and Ebola. Additionally, mental health is increasingly gaining recognition as a major problem affecting youth globally - suicide and depression are alarmingly common among youth in both urban and rural environments.

Young people often encounter barriers in accessing health services. Many health facilities don’t offer confidential and youth-friendly services where young people feel comfortable seeking care. Additionally, many young people don’t have the financial means to seek care on their own, and restrictive laws and policies in many countries require a parent’s written permission to access services.

Too many young people aren't aware of specific health risks or how and where they can access appropriate health services and information. This situation calls for intensified efforts to increase awareness among youth!

Researching issues connected to health, you might want to check out these resources:

World Health Organization - Adolescent Health

United Nations Population Fund - Young People

Joint UN Programme on HIV/AIDS - Goals on HIV/AIDS

TeensHealth - Teens

MEMORY AND MOMENT

He was a nice guy, that's according to me.Everyone that knew him would say the same."But, who was he...

Don't mind overreacting

I want to be completely sincere and direct with this. I was thinking about saying this in my native...

Poison

What is your poison?Is it the thing you seek for the most?The thing you like the least?Perchance, your own self?For some people, it is what they love.They move mountains, cross oceans.They do infinitely many only to face their doom -Unknowing that they are slowly falling towards their demise.For oth...

Faces Up - Season 2

Where do I begin from? Aaaahhhhh…I've got an idea. The entire thing of being called a season. I...

YOLO, a letter for the lost ones

Dear stranger, in recent days, I've felt kinda lost about what I am doing with my life. Sometimes it...

A Citizen Science Approach to Protecting Water Resources

Water is ubiquitous. With more than 70% of its surface covered by water, Earth is appropriately call...

22 WAYS TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE

Happy belated new year! I celebrated my 22nd birthday on January 6 and, in honour of that, here are...

9 Simple Fitness Tips

Exercise and eating healthy are major steps that many people need to focus on in order to be a healt...

Algorithm of Rape Anxiety

Many will argue it’s not a thing, rather another pity cry by the “feminist”. There will be those who...

HOPE...

In our life we come across many problems and difficulties. In these times we need to keep hope. Hope...