#Health

The World Health Organization defines health as “a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”.

Main health issues affecting young people today are linked either to behavior or an unprotected environment. They include, among others, injuries from accidents, health problems due to tobacco and substance abuse, lacking physical exercise, HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases, Malaria and Ebola. Additionally, mental health is increasingly gaining recognition as a major problem affecting youth globally - suicide and depression are alarmingly common among youth in both urban and rural environments.

Young people often encounter barriers in accessing health services. Many health facilities don’t offer confidential and youth-friendly services where young people feel comfortable seeking care. Additionally, many young people don’t have the financial means to seek care on their own, and restrictive laws and policies in many countries require a parent’s written permission to access services.

Too many young people aren't aware of specific health risks or how and where they can access appropriate health services and information. This situation calls for intensified efforts to increase awareness among youth!

Researching issues connected to health, you might want to check out these resources:

World Health Organization - Adolescent Health

United Nations Population Fund - Young People

Joint UN Programme on HIV/AIDS - Goals on HIV/AIDS

TeensHealth - Teens

The Perfect Girl Doesn't Exist

Let me tell you a tale of a girl Who climbed the tallest mountains Without a stop Not even a linger...

Love you more

Is she/he ever going to love me?Is there someone that loves me like I love him/her?Is there ever goi...

Hand In Hand

Hand in Hand,They stand around the globe,Only figures,Of a representation,Never really followed.A la...

Theory of Plurality of Reality, Man and the Nature

The Theory of Plurality of Reality can extend our knowledge to understand Nature and the problems associated due to Environmental degradation in a whole new ideology.The Theory of Plurality of Reality in metaphysics refers to many-ness of reality i.e. the reality has many interpretations and differe...

Back to School : Self-Love Campaigns

I missed this place so much, and it's been so long since I've written a post, and even though I used...

I Spy With My Little Eye

There was ink on her fingers from the fountain pen she was holding, scribbling onto the crumpled pie...

The invisible war: The battle for refugee children’s mental health

Though their footing might be on more solid grounds, the rockiness of refugees’ journey's don’t end...

Death's Icy Hands

Death’s Icy Hands…..I am Thrown,From a place to stand,And barred,From the Holy land,Cant fight,As th...

Acceptance Is the Evil

I grew up in a household where hitting or traumatizing a child as a way to discipline them was never...

LIVING WITH AN INVISIBLE ILLNESS: PCOS AWARENESS

Puberty. For me, that was when things took a very wrong turn. Not that things had ever been right,...