#Environment

The earth provides all the necessary resources for human beings to survive and prosper. But as the global population grows and develops, the demand for energy and consumer goods increases. This has led to increased pollution and misuse of natural resources, causing great damage to the environment. In turn, people’s health, food supplies and livelihoods are increasingly threatened.

Be it the release of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere that contribute to climate change, the overuse of agricultural soil that deteriorates the ground and often leads to deforestation, the contamination of water through bacteria and chemicals or the loss of biodiversity - environmental challenges are plentiful.

Today, many people speak about “sustainability” when highlighting an alternative model of how human beings can develop economically and socially without putting too much strain on the environment. Sustainable development is defined as “development that meets the needs of the present generation without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.”

This clearly shows that youth are at the heart of the sustainability debate. As politicians sometimes lack the necessary long-term thinking that is needed to effectively address pressing environmental issues, it’s key that global youth have a say in environmental policies, which have a direct impact on the current and future environment they live in.

Researching issues connected to the environment, you might want to check out these resources:

United Nations Environment Programme - Tunza

United Nations - Sustainable Development

YOUNGO - Youth and Climate

Connect 4 Climate - Connecting to Tackle Climate Change

Web Ecoist - 25 Environmental Organizations

5 Ways To Reach Your Goal

Any time you have a goal there are several steps that need to be done in order to achieve it. Here i...

WHY should I get out of bed while others sleep?

One day I met a girl by chance and we talked about a writer and inspirational speaker called Simon S...

A Story of Forgiveness with Bullets

I am South African. For what it is worth, I come from one of the most diverse countries in the world...

A Wingless Dream

Love gives you wings, They sing. But if its two souls intertwined, That you define. The flight,...

BEAUTY; In our own way

Beauty is a thought, it is a feeling. It is a feeling of calm even if everything else seems out of p...

Gardening 101

Mitigating climate change starts with steady and determent individual steps. Everyone is able to fig...

Are you searching for the path to success?

Sometimes, we want to change but we don't know how, we are tired of living this life in the minority...

Polluted still pure

Like polluted river,still satisfying thirst of everyone,Like deserted earth,still providing shelter...

Start loving yourself

We all look different and because of this, we may sometimes judge ourselves.We may complain about ou...

Trying to understand death, one letter at a time.

Dear Cody,I watched this movie for the second time earlier: Before Sunrise. In the movie there was a...