#Education

Everyone has the right to a good education! When young people are educated they are more likely to be aware of their rights and better able to make sure that these rights are respected. At the same time, education provides young people with vital skills and critical thinking and confidence, creating a healthy basis for everyone to succeed in life.

Besides formal education, such as education provided by schools and universities, there are other forms of education that become increasingly more relevant. Non-formal education, for example, entails education that is being provided by youth organizations, out-of-school clubs and e-courses. Informal education happens while discussing with friends and family or surfing the Internet.

Unfortunately, not every child and young person around the world has access to education. Some families are too poor to send their children to school, while other young people aren’t able to go to school due to safety concerns such as sexual harassment, violence or bullying. Some youth living in remote areas have no access to the Internet, while others don’t have access to educational facilities due to conflict or natural disasters. Too many girls are denied education due to local traditions, while other girls can’t attend school due to early pregnancies.

As education is a human right, it’s everyone’s responsibility to advocate for accessible and affordable education for all!

Researching issues connected to education, you might want to check out these resources:

Right to Education – Understanding Education as a Right

United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization – Education in the 21st Century

BBC – Future Education

Ted – Education

Getting Smart – 50 Top Sources of Free eLearning Courses

Women of the world: there’s nowhere to go but up!

For as long as I can remember, I’ve been told “Fatima, you can become whoever you want”. What was le...

Thinking Out of the Box

The notion behind the phrase “Every child is unique” is quite true when we talk about the youth. Wit...

7 amazing ways to get young people interested in agriculture

Agriculture is one of the ways to fight against hunger and poverty in Africa and the world, so young...

United for the world

War. Terror. Crisis. Fear. Not really the description you’d expect of our world today, but sadly it’s true, these words depict the situation in the world perfectly: states in conflict with each other, attacks on humanity, hunger and health crisis, refugees on the run – a world dominated by fear, ins...

Days Were Easy Before

It is unbelievably true that being a teen is the hardest thing in life; not a child, not an adult. I...

Try one more time

In a world where things move out of control within the blink of an eye and intentions don't always get the desired results, we are tempted to give up in disappointment. Our good deeds tend to be futile, the dreams seem better in our heads than in reality and we are forced to throw in the towel and s...

The LGBTQ Revolution

The LGBTQ community is one of the most discriminated and abused minority in the world. The quality...

That Fight For Peace

In The History Of Hindu Mythology, Ravana, The Demon King Was Killed By Unity Which Symbolized That...

Dear Youth, Act Now, Not Tomorrow

Dear youth, act now, not tomorrow.The global population of youth, as of October 2016, stands at 1.8B...

Prioritization: First Things First

A couple days ago, I logged into my Facebook account at around 10:30 am. I just needed a short break from my work. As I scrolled down the newsfeed, I came across a video shared by one of my friends. The title was “A valuable lesson for a happy life”. The word “happy life” captured my attention and I...