#Education

Everyone has the right to a good education! When young people are educated they are more likely to be aware of their rights and better able to make sure that these rights are respected. At the same time, education provides young people with vital skills and critical thinking and confidence, creating a healthy basis for everyone to succeed in life.

Besides formal education, such as education provided by schools and universities, there are other forms of education that become increasingly more relevant. Non-formal education, for example, entails education that is being provided by youth organizations, out-of-school clubs and e-courses. Informal education happens while discussing with friends and family or surfing the Internet.

Unfortunately, not every child and young person around the world has access to education. Some families are too poor to send their children to school, while other young people aren’t able to go to school due to safety concerns such as sexual harassment, violence or bullying. Some youth living in remote areas have no access to the Internet, while others don’t have access to educational facilities due to conflict or natural disasters. Too many girls are denied education due to local traditions, while other girls can’t attend school due to early pregnancies.

As education is a human right, it’s everyone’s responsibility to advocate for accessible and affordable education for all!

Researching issues connected to education, you might want to check out these resources:

Right to Education – Understanding Education as a Right

United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization – Education in the 21st Century

BBC – Future Education

Ted – Education

Getting Smart – 50 Top Sources of Free eLearning Courses

Holding the controller, but out of the game

“Gaming, what a thing, back when I was your age, I had my Audi and I was running my own business” sa...

A forgotten pledge

“Are we the most superior beast on earth? No, not in strength and not in intelligence. It is very ar...

Politics - Let' s talk

I believe that many kids hear the word "politics" or something that has to do with the political sph...

On finding a way to connect

The prevalence of technology and social media seems to suggest that the world is more connected than...

A voice for children

Children in Kosova are very talented and intelligent, with so many dreams for their futures. However...

A platform for youth development

MUNPlanet is a global community of young people (MUNers) who have a strong passion for the global is...

Education - For everyone

Growing up over the years, I have met many children my age hiding their pain behind their smile.A sm...

Education - NO longer what it should be

When I was growing up, we were taught that the best legacy you can give to your child is an educatio...

10 homeless youth organizations to support

Every child has the right to grow up in a safe, healthy and nurturing environment. And yet, every ye...

To Egypt, sincerely with love

Egypt, my beloved, it has been a while since we last met.Last time I met you, you showed me the old...