#Education

Everyone has the right to a good education! When young people are educated they are more likely to be aware of their rights and better able to make sure that these rights are respected. At the same time, education provides young people with vital skills and critical thinking and confidence, creating a healthy basis for everyone to succeed in life.

Besides formal education, such as education provided by schools and universities, there are other forms of education that become increasingly more relevant. Non-formal education, for example, entails education that is being provided by youth organizations, out-of-school clubs and e-courses. Informal education happens while discussing with friends and family or surfing the Internet.

Unfortunately, not every child and young person around the world has access to education. Some families are too poor to send their children to school, while other young people aren’t able to go to school due to safety concerns such as sexual harassment, violence or bullying. Some youth living in remote areas have no access to the Internet, while others don’t have access to educational facilities due to conflict or natural disasters. Too many girls are denied education due to local traditions, while other girls can’t attend school due to early pregnancies.

As education is a human right, it’s everyone’s responsibility to advocate for accessible and affordable education for all!

Researching issues connected to education, you might want to check out these resources:

Right to Education – Understanding Education as a Right

United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization – Education in the 21st Century

BBC – Future Education

Ted – Education

Getting Smart – 50 Top Sources of Free eLearning Courses

Knowing without understanding

“I don’t care if you know things! I want you to understand them!” That is what my anatomy university...

It is not like we thought

Thinking about the future can occupy our minds often. When you were young you may have thought about...

Scoring a goal at a time....

I’ve been reading this book, for some time now. It’s called Grit. And I’ve fallen in love with it....

What's new with academic integrity in 2017 and early 2018?

Essay mills have created a huge controversy in the academic world about three years ago. Obviously,...

The Mesmerizing Indonesia's National Library

Indonesia National Library (Perpustakaan Nasional or Perpusnas) is unlike any library I've seen in I...

Why high school students forget to build up their identities

A survey from USA Today reported that high schoolers tended to feel three key emotions- tiredness, b...

Smartphones: a step forward or back?

Do you ever feel controlled by your phone? It’s become a second ligament to me; every feeling, every...

Live Your Dream

Is it okay for you to dream? Or have your own dream, for that matter? Are you dreaming what your...

For Lips to Have modest Curve

Soul of mine does wail sometimesPondering the exuberant childhood Being deprived to a lot cradlesI want to interrogate Not just the factionBut all denizens of the world Who perpetuate the preying on ladsToday the world’s affable to meBut ain’t to those in distressAs per desire I fill my bellyBut now...

How can we instill and maintain a patriotic spirit into Youth?

Teaching history: the power to inspire. To make the younger generation understand the value of pat...