#Education

Everyone has the right to a good education! When young people are educated they are more likely to be aware of their rights and better able to make sure that these rights are respected. At the same time, education provides young people with vital skills and critical thinking and confidence, creating a healthy basis for everyone to succeed in life.

Besides formal education, such as education provided by schools and universities, there are other forms of education that become increasingly more relevant. Non-formal education, for example, entails education that is being provided by youth organizations, out-of-school clubs and e-courses. Informal education happens while discussing with friends and family or surfing the Internet.

Unfortunately, not every child and young person around the world has access to education. Some families are too poor to send their children to school, while other young people aren’t able to go to school due to safety concerns such as sexual harassment, violence or bullying. Some youth living in remote areas have no access to the Internet, while others don’t have access to educational facilities due to conflict or natural disasters. Too many girls are denied education due to local traditions, while other girls can’t attend school due to early pregnancies.

As education is a human right, it’s everyone’s responsibility to advocate for accessible and affordable education for all!

Researching issues connected to education, you might want to check out these resources:

Right to Education – Understanding Education as a Right

United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization – Education in the 21st Century

BBC – Future Education

Ted – Education

Getting Smart – 50 Top Sources of Free eLearning Courses

Health Literacy - Taking Health into our own hands

While there is an increasing number of Health Gadgets (e.g. sports watches) available and the Intern...

Being The Best You Can Be

A good name, fame, wealth and riches, the state of being a first-class personality, one who has the...

Building a Family-Based Education System

The saying, "the family is the foundation of a society" is well known but I do not believe it is ver...

Kill your fears "Be confident"

When I was 15 I began to attribute being quiet and shy as a bad thing; I saw people around me and wa...

'Dull' Is Just a Word!

Albert Einstein once said, “Everyone is a Genius but if you judge a fish by its ability to fly, it w...

Empowering African women through micro-finance

Empowering someone means equipping them with the right resources or tools to make an impact. Therefo...

The Power of Pop: Why BTSxUnitedNations Is So Important

If you have access to the Internet and haven't been living under a rock for the past year or so, you...

Education – the catalyst for progress

Our world has more refugees now than ever before and sadly a majority of them are children. Of great...

Perfectionism

Since I was a teenager I have been dealing with the constant fear of not being enough, and I have no...

My Voice

At the ongoing United Nations General Assembly, the music sensation BTS gave an inspiring speech whi...