#Education

Everyone has the right to a good education! When young people are educated they are more likely to be aware of their rights and better able to make sure that these rights are respected. At the same time, education provides young people with vital skills and critical thinking and confidence, creating a healthy basis for everyone to succeed in life.

Besides formal education, such as education provided by schools and universities, there are other forms of education that become increasingly more relevant. Non-formal education, for example, entails education that is being provided by youth organizations, out-of-school clubs and e-courses. Informal education happens while discussing with friends and family or surfing the Internet.

Unfortunately, not every child and young person around the world has access to education. Some families are too poor to send their children to school, while other young people aren’t able to go to school due to safety concerns such as sexual harassment, violence or bullying. Some youth living in remote areas have no access to the Internet, while others don’t have access to educational facilities due to conflict or natural disasters. Too many girls are denied education due to local traditions, while other girls can’t attend school due to early pregnancies.

As education is a human right, it’s everyone’s responsibility to advocate for accessible and affordable education for all!

Researching issues connected to education, you might want to check out these resources:

Right to Education – Understanding Education as a Right

United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization – Education in the 21st Century

BBC – Future Education

Ted – Education

Getting Smart – 50 Top Sources of Free eLearning Courses

I'm going places, I just don't know where!

LOST. I feel completely lost. I lack direction.Let me explain...Everyone believes they have a bright...

Open letter to the leaders of our world

Dear Leaders, Presidents, Prime Ministers, Kings and Queens of this Earth It is time to speak up, we...

It's okay making mistakes.

Hey, I don't know who you are or what is going on in your life. But I want to say to you the simple truth that everybody denies: it is okay making mistakes. You're not perfect and life doesn't come with a manual of instructions. Who said that you must win all the time? Who said you can't make change...

Time to have a say: Youth Speak Forum in Buenos Aires

Have you ever dreamed of changing the world but then you dismissed your aspirations because you thou...

The story of a girl passionate about ICT

Despite the crisis we are experiencing in my country Syria, I believe that it is essential to focus...

Stereotypes about women in their 20s and marriage

Being in your early 20s when you are a female Indonesian is hard for those of us who want to achieve...

5 Ways To Reach Your Goal

Any time you have a goal there are several steps that need to be done in order to achieve it. Here i...

My Advice to Next Year's High School Freshman

Yo,It's Riky,I'm a high school senior who's graduating in a few months to come and I'd like to give...

A Wingless Dream

Love gives you wings, They sing. But if its two souls intertwined, That you define. The flight,...

BEAUTY; In our own way

Beauty is a thought, it is a feeling. It is a feeling of calm even if everything else seems out of p...