#Education

Everyone has the right to a good education! When young people are educated they are more likely to be aware of their rights and better able to make sure that these rights are respected. At the same time, education provides young people with vital skills and critical thinking and confidence, creating a healthy basis for everyone to succeed in life.

Besides formal education, such as education provided by schools and universities, there are other forms of education that become increasingly more relevant. Non-formal education, for example, entails education that is being provided by youth organizations, out-of-school clubs and e-courses. Informal education happens while discussing with friends and family or surfing the Internet.

Unfortunately, not every child and young person around the world has access to education. Some families are too poor to send their children to school, while other young people aren’t able to go to school due to safety concerns such as sexual harassment, violence or bullying. Some youth living in remote areas have no access to the Internet, while others don’t have access to educational facilities due to conflict or natural disasters. Too many girls are denied education due to local traditions, while other girls can’t attend school due to early pregnancies.

As education is a human right, it’s everyone’s responsibility to advocate for accessible and affordable education for all!

Researching issues connected to education, you might want to check out these resources:

Right to Education – Understanding Education as a Right

United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization – Education in the 21st Century

BBC – Future Education

Ted – Education

Getting Smart – 50 Top Sources of Free eLearning Courses

Regional economic development

In Gwansan-dong, South Korea where our school is located, we have devised a program to induce econom...

Creativity is success

It's about the balmy day with scorching sun rays. I was on my way to my destination and deep in thou...

Should Countries Implement K-12 Program?

Being educated is very important especially for us in the 21st Century and for the next generations. Education molds us to improve our skills, learnings, and thoughts as a human being.That is why K to 12 was implemented for several countries. Countries who are under this system are USA, Australia, S...

Humanity

It's not important to be a teacher, an engineer or a doctor or whatever you want.It's important to b...

Youth apathy: No longer a luxury but a hindrance

Late teenage-hood is a weird time. You’re not young enough to blame your shortcomings on youthful im...

From Primary to Postgraduate: My journey of student leadership

Have you ever been a student leader? Do you know what it takes to be a successful servant leader? Ma...

Heartful journeys: Beating toxic love

One of the most toxic forms of relationships is when one party is a prisoner to a constructed fantas...

The cycle of poverty

Hello everyone! I am glad to write my thoughts down on this page.This is my first post, and I will w...

Censors***

What is censorship and is it really as bad as it’s connotation? Language is a beautiful tool we use...

Youth empowerment

I dedicate this article to the youth of present day! I know its difficult, burdensome and demanding,...