#Education

Everyone has the right to a good education! When young people are educated they are more likely to be aware of their rights and better able to make sure that these rights are respected. At the same time, education provides young people with vital skills and critical thinking and confidence, creating a healthy basis for everyone to succeed in life.

Besides formal education, such as education provided by schools and universities, there are other forms of education that become increasingly more relevant. Non-formal education, for example, entails education that is being provided by youth organizations, out-of-school clubs and e-courses. Informal education happens while discussing with friends and family or surfing the Internet.

Unfortunately, not every child and young person around the world has access to education. Some families are too poor to send their children to school, while other young people aren’t able to go to school due to safety concerns such as sexual harassment, violence or bullying. Some youth living in remote areas have no access to the Internet, while others don’t have access to educational facilities due to conflict or natural disasters. Too many girls are denied education due to local traditions, while other girls can’t attend school due to early pregnancies.

As education is a human right, it’s everyone’s responsibility to advocate for accessible and affordable education for all!

Researching issues connected to education, you might want to check out these resources:

Right to Education – Understanding Education as a Right

United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization – Education in the 21st Century

BBC – Future Education

Ted – Education

Getting Smart – 50 Top Sources of Free eLearning Courses

Take Action, Start Now

I am an alumnus of the New York City Junior Ambassador program, a Dominican-American girl, a big sis...

Education is not something we can sacrifice

Why shouldn't we all get an education? Why can't we speak out?Why do we have to do "woman's jobs" wh...

Not Just Kidding

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in...

Lecture Hall Reflections

It's the first day of the Fall semester and I'm sitting in a corner by the outlets, sipping on my co...

Financial literacy

As the world's population grows and evolves at an unprecedented rate, one thing is certain: in the f...

AMEE2017: The Reality Shifting Experience

The phrase "Life Changing" is something you are familiar with if you are involved with people like you who want to make a difference in this world. The phrase is used usually to describe an experience: a conference that you attended, a project that was completed, an exchange where you meet people, o...

Hand In Hand

Hand in Hand,They stand around the globe,Only figures,Of a representation,Never really followed.A la...

Theory of Plurality of Reality, Man and the Nature

The Theory of Plurality of Reality can extend our knowledge to understand Nature and the problems associated due to Environmental degradation in a whole new ideology.The Theory of Plurality of Reality in metaphysics refers to many-ness of reality i.e. the reality has many interpretations and differe...

Back to School : Self-Love Campaigns

I missed this place so much, and it's been so long since I've written a post, and even though I used...

Bully

Don't let them fuel you with rage, Don't let them take control over you, Don't give them the power to crush you, Don't allow them to be heard, Don't make them feel like their winning, Keep fighting, Come out, It's okay to be weak but never to silent, Reach out, You might be saving yourself and other...