#Education

Everyone has the right to a good education! When young people are educated they are more likely to be aware of their rights and better able to make sure that these rights are respected. At the same time, education provides young people with vital skills and critical thinking and confidence, creating a healthy basis for everyone to succeed in life.

Besides formal education, such as education provided by schools and universities, there are other forms of education that become increasingly more relevant. Non-formal education, for example, entails education that is being provided by youth organizations, out-of-school clubs and e-courses. Informal education happens while discussing with friends and family or surfing the Internet.

Unfortunately, not every child and young person around the world has access to education. Some families are too poor to send their children to school, while other young people aren’t able to go to school due to safety concerns such as sexual harassment, violence or bullying. Some youth living in remote areas have no access to the Internet, while others don’t have access to educational facilities due to conflict or natural disasters. Too many girls are denied education due to local traditions, while other girls can’t attend school due to early pregnancies.

As education is a human right, it’s everyone’s responsibility to advocate for accessible and affordable education for all!

Researching issues connected to education, you might want to check out these resources:

Right to Education – Understanding Education as a Right

United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization – Education in the 21st Century

BBC – Future Education

Ted – Education

Getting Smart – 50 Top Sources of Free eLearning Courses

I am that fish.

Stress, anxiety, fear, or should I say the emotions of a modern-day high school student. When the best four years of my life will soon come to a close, a new journey will be ahead: college. As a junior I have dedicated countless hours to study and prepare for this new adventure with the hopes that m...

MEMORY AND MOMENT

He was a nice guy, that's according to me.Everyone that knew him would say the same."But, who was he...

Don't mind overreacting

I want to be completely sincere and direct with this. I was thinking about saying this in my native...

They Bleed Red Blood Too...

“To empower a woman is to empower a community.”The world population has already reached 8 billion. With such high number, we still seem to fail to grow and flourish at a fast pace. Why? Now, let me ask, how can we succeed if half of us are held back? How can we advance if half of the world’s voice i...

Energy Management is the Key to Do More in Less Time

Flip Brown, the founder of Business Culture Consultants at Vermont and the author of 'Balanced Effectiveness at Work: How to Enjoy the Fruits of Your Labor Without Driving Yourself Nuts', has explained the difference between energy management and time management quite well. He points out that time i...

Faces Up - Season 2

Where do I begin from? Aaaahhhhh…I've got an idea. The entire thing of being called a season. I...

22 WAYS TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE

Happy belated new year! I celebrated my 22nd birthday on January 6 and, in honour of that, here are...

Phenomenal

I'm writing today again. I didn't plan writing but I switched into writing after waiting under the moon for a few hours for you. I'm here under this full blue moon waiting for you. It reminds me of everything about you. You started like the half moon and you were burning with every bit of curiosity...

HOPE...

In our life we come across many problems and difficulties. In these times we need to keep hope. Hope...

The Dragon Egg in the Backyard

Everyone has at some point read a book, or watched a film telling the story of a hero. Maybe it was...