#Culture

Our world is rich in different cultures, customs and traditions. Isn’t it exactly this diversity that makes our planet so beautiful?

Most cultural practices and landmarks are tied to a certain place or a certain people and are often intertwined with the local history. Some cultural customs are only practiced by a very small group of people and are therefore at risk to be forgotten and extinct - an example is customs of some indigenous peoples. Other cultural customs transgress the place where they originated from and become popular around the world - the increased global access to the Internet reinforces this development.

Be it music, cinema, art, dance, food, fashion or language, young people are often at the forefront when it comes to new developments in these areas. At the same time, young people are the ones that preserve ancient traditions by receiving cultural wisdom from the previous generation and passing it on to the next one.

An increasingly globalized and interconnected world allows us to experience and enjoy the beauty of cultural diversity like never before. At the same time, cultures sometimes clash - new and unknown cultural customs can lead to anxiety among native populations and create fears. As open-minded international young people, it’s our duty to serve as bridges for dialogue between different cultures and dismantle fears by raising awareness about the benefits of multiculturalism!

Researching issues connected to culture, you might want to check out these resources:

United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization - Culture

UN Alliance of Civilization - Programmes and Projects

Center for Intercultural Dialogue - Key Concepts in Intercultural Dialogue

Open Culture - The Big List of Culture Blogs (old but still a great list!)

The hope within

I have been waiting to write this. It took me so long to find the words. I’m still not sure I have t...

How Instagram made a big hole in my life

Nowadays, we live with the swift flow of technology. Technology is growing rapidly, innovation is en...

All the love

Love - a magical word which can ease any pain, relieve anyone from any hardship and can unlock anoth...

Heartful journeys: Beating toxic love

One of the most toxic forms of relationships is when one party is a prisoner to a constructed fantas...

The subtle art of forgiveness

If you told your past self that you would come to learn one of the simplest yet most intricate funda...

Youth empowerment

I dedicate this article to the youth of present day! I know its difficult, burdensome and demanding,...

Finding my oasis in the desert of life

Finding myself in Life's WildernessI try to look for a starting pointBut I find noneI keep walking o...

Is fighting for change worth it?

Why are you here?If you're reading this, I will safely assume that you are here for a reason along t...

Change your mind, change your life

First of all, this is my first blog post and I am definitely fearful about this, but okay let's go.....

Search: art and millennials

The discussion on art and its importance can go on for pages and pages. Its richness and value deman...