Your Patronus Charm

no picture Maya kaddah

My thoughts on gratitude from my blog ( thewrongdirections.wordpress.con)

Have you read the Harry potter book series? No? Yes? Anyway, the Patronus Charm is a spell mentioned in the magic books of the genius J.K Rowling, that in order for the spell to be cast one must muster the happiest memory (the happier the memory the better the charm works), the main use of this spell is to drive off certain dark creatures.

But why do you need to know all of that?

Every life has its ups and downs, times of weakness, we live in a crazy world full of wars, injustice, suffering, greed, economic crises, depression…so yeah we get it, life isn’t shining brightly as it did before!

And sometimes we can’t help but to have negative feelings, which unfortunately can become a habit over time.

Soooo….I need you to do something, not for me, but for you, I need you to use your Patronus Charm and start listing two, three or even more people that can bring happiness to your life for just being in it.

I can’t tell you to ignore all of your heartbreaks, hardships, it’s almost impossible, just take a minute to think of tomorrow with all the possibilities ahead of you with the people you love. Remind yourself of how lucky you are to have these people in your life, connect with them and tell them how much you love them. Show gratitude, it’s very healthy, let them scare away the dark shadows and be your Patronus Charm even if it’s for a short amount of time. You know that you will always have the choice.

“Expecto Patronum”

“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light” Harry Potter, J.K Rowling