Why is menstruation still seen as a burden?

Aaden george

Just a personal view on Menstruation ! Why do girls still drop out and why do people still see this as an issue !?

Ok!! Before writing this let me tell you that I belong to this globe and I am speaking as a global citizen.

So... menstruation! Being a science geek, to me menstruation is just a biological process in which the endometrium wall sheds away and through your vagina because of the absence of fertilization!

But I guess not all are science students and they don't understand this concept! According to some people, menstruation is a problem or disease, during which the female becomes a demon etc. etc. ! This is not just an issue or mindset of my country people! It's a global issue! People are still not ready to grasp this simple phenomenon. Females are still brutally harassed, they are prevented from doing a lot of things. Some drop out of school as soon as they hit puberty. You'll be shocked but menstruating women are not allowed to enter the kitchen or worship during the time of their period in my country!

But why? Why is this still an issue in the 21st century? Is this just because of the mindset? Or because of the society which does not allow people to widen their horizons? Why are they still trapped in their Orthodox visions? And not only old men or women, but even the younger generation is also sowing the seeds of this thinking in their minds! We, as generation Z really need to stand for rights and to stop the hatred against this simple biological process! There is an immediate need to make people aware of this and to live and let live!