Unicef Youth Festival 2018

Avatar VanessaVu

On the way to the creative Stations

On the way to the creative Stations

From 8.6-10.6.2018 180 dedicated young people from Germany attended the UNICEF Youth Festival in Nürnberg.

On the first day of the festival all the participants arrived at the Youth Hostel in Nürnberg. When we got there we received a bag, folder, name tag, water bottle and ribbon. We put on our UNICEF t-shirts and went to a meeting place where we got to meet many people from different places around the country. Afterwards we went with our assigned groups and our a designated supporter to the opening session titled, “Our future, our chance" where we heard from Christian Schneider, managing director of UNICEF Germany. After this we heard an annual report from the old Junior Advisory Council, and voted for the new members. Finally the participants had time to hang out and get to know each other until midnight.

On the second day there was a presentation called UNICEF Talks - bringing insights on international UNICEF projects and youth participation worldwide, as well as the skills and qualifications needed for youth engagement. The next session was learning about UNICEF's campaign: #childhood needs peace. In the evening we had a live concert performance and then free time till midnight.

On the last day we gained insight into the UNICEF campaign #kidstakeover and participated in theUNICEF Action Bazaar - where we made a commitment to take action for children in our city! Apart from that we welcomed our new Junior Advisory Council and finally went back home.

The weekend was a very good experience for our future life. :)