Toxic people

no picture Maya kaddah

Image: https://www.hp-lexicon.org/

Image: https://www.hp-lexicon.org/

“People inspire you, or they drain you—pick them wisely.” – Hans F. Hansen

This post is from a personal experience and the experiences of the people I know.

So toxic people, who exactly are they? Talking to a toxic person would definitely bring you down no matter how happy you were that day. Their damage is a poison, and they suck the life out of the room by imposing their negativity.

– They are the arrogant, the twisted, the judgmental, and the gossipers.

– They could be someone who never shares your joy and would be envious of the good things that happen to you, even the smallest things like buying a new phone.

–They could be someone who’ll keep you guessing about which version of them you’re dealing with today.

–They could be someone who will always make you see the worst in this world, the dark future and the bad days.

–Toxic people have different personalities. One personality on their social media, a second on WhatsApp (Leave a conversation unfinished), and another when you actually meet them. You can tell when people are genuinely nice, caring and supportive, or just faking it in front of others. That’s why they’re called ‘manipulators’.

The problem is how to get away from these people? If you, one day decided to completely cut off your relationship with that toxic person, if you blocked them and stopped dealing with them, do you think it will make you feel better? Someone once told me that she’s afraid to do that because she thinks toxicity will reach her no matter where she’d go, and that she’d always feel guilty towards that person. Now, do we really have to put up as much with them? Do we have the ability to leave and then feel free?

For some of us, it’s easy to decide but taking action is always the hard part, especially if you’ve known that person almost your whole life.

I would like to add one last thing. We as human beings live in two worlds, one is the outside that we know, the other is inside of our heads. To get to a sort of a peace inside-out requires having the least possible toxicity, and like most of you, I’m still working to achieve that. I believe that the first step to get there is to admit that you can’t handle that person anymore, and if you can take action, just do it, do it your way.