There is no planet B , Conserve or Perish : the choice is Ours

Niranjan Dev Bharadwaj

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/c8/3f/a2/c83fa2f63681125b3ef42158df4b587c--save-planet-earth-save-the-earth.jpg https://i.pinimg.com/236x/c8/3f/a2/c83fa2f63681125b3ef42158d...

As many of us know, there are eight planets in our Solar system, which are classified into Terrestrial planets or Rocky planets (Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars) and Jovian planets or Outer planets (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune). Out of all these terrestrial and Jovian planets, Earth has been confirmed as one of the few planets in the entire universe that provides sustenance to life. Over the last few decades, our life giving Earth is under a great threat.

Careless anthropogenic activities have resulted in several environmental problems and issues of ecological imbalances. Environmental degradation, depletion of ground water resources, the drying up of rivers, contaminated soil, climate change, and biodiversity loss are just a few of the serious unwelcome predicaments that will further worsen in the time ahead.

Have we ever thought why we are doing this to Earth and ourselves? Do we have the authoritative license to pollute,degrade and destroy the natural environment of Earth?

The answer to this question lies in the words of a great Indian soul and the great flag bearer of non–violence in the world: Mahatma Gandhi. He once said:

"The earth provides enough to satisfy everyone’s need; but not for anyone’s greed.”

There can be different approaches for satisfying everyone’s needs, but there is no methodology or means to gratify never ending greed. This is the harsh reality that needs to be addressed and every single individual inhabiting the Earth should realize that “There is no planet B”. Moreover, there is no one else who can fix these issues, but ourselves. It is really important to understand our responsibilities that we have for the environments protection and conservation.

With this in mind, I'd like to share with you the following reminder:

E = Environmental

A = Affection, Awareness & Attention is

R = Required

T = Towards a

H = Healthier and life sustaining planet Earth.

This abbreviation of Earth aptly summarizes the need of the hour and why it is important to find solutions for preserving nature. No political or judicial solutions can solve these problems for us,unless and until we realize that for our own sustenance planet Earth is the most valuable asset that we have. Earth demands all its inhabitants to look towards the natural environment with all the affection, care and love it rightly deserves and to preserve, protect and conserve the environment because...

“There is no planet B, conserve or perish: the choice is ours ”