Educating women

no picture student
fatema zohra

“Give me an educated mother, I shall promise you the birth of a civilized, educated nation.” We all are familiar to this great quote by the great Napoleon. Educating and empowering women is one of the most important thing in our society now.

Life for an woman in a Asian country is not easy. We face a lot of problems including dowry, early marriage, maternal issues. There are many countries where women do not get freedom and they are always dependent to others especially, their families and husbands. They don't get the right to take decisions of their own and for the family. They are just a thing of maintaining the house, give birth to the children and to raise them. But how can we expect a good human without educating the mother who raise him/her?

In rural areas there are still many people who think educating women is not necessary. But it is important to educate the women - women have the equal right as men. If a woman is educated then she can take her decisions independently. Divorced and widowed women are still seen as weak persons. But if they get the right opportunity then they can be independent. They can live in the society with respect and honor.

I believe in empowering women and give them equal rights. Everyone in society should make a good environment for women by not being harassed. This way the system of dowry will be closed day by day. Girls will get married in a proper age. We should not forget that women are great contributors in the economical and political sectors of a country. And a woman should be able to fight for her own rights.