2018: The Year to Reflect and Progress

Posted
Zeinab

Avatar Zeinab

It's important that when we enter a new year, we reflect on past experiences, and figure out strategies on how to progress. In every year, we encounter new experiences, and these experiences come with memories that we will hold and cherish forever. However, some experiences hold unfortunate memories. Because of this, what we tend to do is give up on hope all together which puts us in a low point in life, and assume that the next year to come is going to be no different.

Here is the thing about life. We don't know what's coming for us. Every day is a new beginning, and every day brings new choices. These choices we make determine the result of what's yet to come. Instead of allowing the negativity to consume your mind, allow yourself to come to terms with the negative situation you've encountered. Know that these struggles in your life shape you into the person you are today, because in fact, they make you stronger and wiser. It all begins and ends with the mind. What you give power to, has power over you, only if you allow it. In saying this, the real obstacle isn't what is out there, and isn't the unfortunate experience you have endured, it's what is in your mind and how you handle the situation. Of course, some situations are hard to bare, which results in going through a sense of self doubt, sadness, and loss of hope. But we must see every day as a second chance and opportunity to better ourselves so that these negative situations don't affect us in the long run and take away our happiness.

Hence, we must all keep in mind that coming into a new year is special. It's a new beginning, a chance to reflect and progress, and start over. I'm sure everyone has already got their New Year's resolutions written down and ready to be accomplished, but also have the fear that past situations are going to follow them into the new year and take away all what's left of their hope. I'm here to tell you to believe, no matter how many times you fail. Failure is part of life. If you don't fail, you'll never learn, and if you never learn, you'll never change. Don't be afraid to fall, for falling is an opportunity to rebuild yourself the way you want to be. Another thing to keep in mind is that life is a balancing act, and it's most fulfilling when we embrace its qualities: the ups and downs, the joys and challenges, and the good times and bad.

2017 is now in the past along with it's experiences, only to reflect and progress on them. Now it's time to set goals and achieve them, chase your ambitions, and believe in hope. Because when you believe in hope, anything is possible.

Happy New Year!