إضافة مشاركة إضافة مشاركة

Pollution is our problem

تم نشرها
Zeinab

عضو منذ ١٨ ديسمبر، ٢٠١٧
  • 3 مشاركة
  • العمر 19

Pollution- A dangerous growing issue that continues to harm the environment we live in, and sadly it's mainly human-made. The more we continue to pollute, the more harm it has not only on ourselves, but the environment itself and the animals living in it.

The harmful pollutants, whether it be gaseous emissions or the poor disposal of waste, all contribute to the severe rise in environmental pollution. The biosphere in which living beings have their sustenance has oxygen, nitrogen, carbon dioxide, argon and water vapor. All of these are well balanced in order to ensure a healthy growth of all living beings and plants. However, when there is a shift in the order of the balance, it begins to cause harm in the environment and can lead to climate change. Because of pollution, climate change is becoming more prevalent. Climate change is the increase in average surface temperatures on earth and is an ongoing global problem with global consequences.

The three main types of pollution which are doing serious damage to the world we live in are air, land, and water.

Air

Air pollution continues to be a major health concern, given its known respiratory and cardiovascular effects as a result of the properties of air pollutants. It settles on land, crops and water, causing problems for our environment and us. These emitted air pollutants include particulate matter, ozone, nitrogen dioxide and sulfur dioxide. The short and long term effects of ambient air pollution includes lung inflammation, increased morality and reduced life expectancy. These air pollutants attribute to global warming and climate change.

Land

Land pollution is translated to the degradation of Earth's surface and soil, that can be directly or indirectly as a result of human activities. The causes of land pollution include deforestation and soil erosion, agricultural activities, industrialisation and overcrowded landfills. This can have a detrimental effect on human health, including respiratory disorders, skin diseases, birth defects and cancer.

Water

Water pollution is one of the most serious ecological threats we face today. One of the main sources of water pollution is the activities we do on land. In saying this, our waste such as plastic bags, bottles and cigarettes often get washed up in our waterways, which build up and pollute our water to such an extent that waterways become a place that cannot be lived in for native plants, fish and animals. Water is essential to life. So when pollutants such as toxic substances and human waste get thrown and dissolved into our water bodies such as lakes, rivers and oceans, not only does this create a disaster for aquatic ecosystems, but for humans too. If these pollutants seep through and reach groundwater, they may end up in our households as contaminated water which we use in our daily activities, including drinking.

Solutions

Don't we all want to live in a place where we feel safe and secure? Don't we want to live a happy and healthy life? The answer is defiantly yes. So, the change starts with us. It's simple. Here are some strategies in order to stop pollution from becoming an ongoing issue.

. Dispose of your rubbish properly

. Use environmentally friendly products

. Conserve energy by turning off lights, computers, and electric appliances when not in use

. Adapt the 'reduce, reuse, and recycle' strategy

The solution is in everyone's hands. The choices that we make every day can help to make a difference.